THE World University Rankings is developed by Times Higher Education in cooperation with Elsevier.
The ranking is based on 13 indicators covering five broad performance categories to reflect the three core missions of a university: teaching, research and knowledge transfer.
The five categories are:
- Teaching – the learning environment
- Citations – research influence
- Research – volume, income and reputation
- International Outlook – staff, students and research
- Industry Income – knowledge transfer
THE World University Rankings publishes data for the top 1,000 universities.