- The primary tasks are research (including publication/academic dissemination duties) and research-based teaching (with associated examination duties), innovation, exchanging knowledge with society and other tasks to a limited extent.
- The weighting of the different assignments may vary periodically, but efforts are to be made to achieve a balance so that the assistant professor can upgrade his/her skills in the areas of both research and teaching.
- The department is to ensure that the assistant professor is offered pedagogical supervision and guidance, and the assistant professor must take the UDTU course.
- The primary tasks are research (including publication/academic dissemination duties) and scientific advice, innovation, some teaching and to a limited extent other tasks.
- The weighting of the different assignments may vary periodically, but efforts are to be made to achieve a balance so that the researcher can upgrade his/her skills and experience in the areas of both research, public sector consultancy and teaching.
Form and period of employment:
- Appointment as assistant professor / researcher requires scientific qualifications at PhD level.
- The position as assistant professor / researcher is a further education position.
- The position as assistant professor / researcher has a maximum duration of 6 years.
- Credit is awarded for any previous employment as a postdoc.
- For a fixed-term employed assistant professor / researcher the employment may be extended upon application by the absence due to maternity/paternity or adoption leave, corresponding to the period of absence taken. Work will resume after the leave for a period equal to the period, the researcher is on leave of absence. For a permanent employed assistant professor / researcher the deadline for academic assessment will be postponed similar after application.
- The period of employment / deadline for academic assessment may be extended / postponed by the number of weeks in which the employee is entitled to during maternity/paternity or adoption leave, inclusive care days in connection the with leave.
- If a fixed-term period of employment expires during maternity/paternity or adoption leave, the employee may resume work at the end of their period of absence for a length of time that corresponds to the period of absence taken.
- The period of employment / deadline for academic assessment may be extended in connection with long-term illness.
- Assistant professors / researchers receive a special pensionable supplement of DKK 49,300 per year in line with the March 31, 2012 level.
- The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Confederation of Professional Associations.
- It is only in exceptional cases and only with a very good reason that a position as assistant professor or researcher is a temporary position.