As a graduate of International Food Quality and Health, you will be able to meet the needs of the food industries, especially within the companies focussed on expanding their markets beyond Danish and European borders towards Asia and China in particular.
The programme teaches you to initiate, manage and implement food-related development projects, and you will acquire strong competences within food development and innovation in relation to Western and Asian food-related projects.
On completion of the programme, you receive a double degree and the following titles: Master of Science in International Food Quality and Health from Aarhus University and Master of Science in Food Safety and Health from the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences.
As a graduate of the programme, you will hold a strong international profile and have a profound understanding of:
- Food quality issues from health, nutrition, sensory, marketing, economic and intercultural perspectives
- Unprocessed food, food processing, food supply and safety, including microbial safety
- Risk assessment and management methods and quality control of food
- Intercultural consumer behaviour and eating practice differences
- Food supply nationally and internationally linked to Asian and Western markets and their needs
Your key competence is your broad understanding of food quality from health, nutrition, sensory, marketing, economic and intercultural perspectives for production, process and market optimisation purposes in the food industry. This understanding gives you the skills to analyse a problem, compose a relevant solution and initiate, implement and evaluate the solution.