Travel and arrival from abroad

Requirements for testing and isolation

There are different rules for traveling to Denmark depending on how you arrive in Denmark and your connection to or your purpose of traveling into Denmark.

When you travel under the auspices of DTU, you must at all times follow the authorities' guidelines. Read them here: 

Holidays/Private travel:

If you choose to travel privately, any consequences of the trip will be considered self-inflicted. It is expected that you discuss with your manager if you plan any private travel abroad. It must be agreed whether it is possible to work from home during the isolation period. If this is not possible, the isolation period will be unpaid. You should always keep up to date on the travel rules for that country before departure and return. Further information can be found here: Information in English about the Ministry of Foreign Affairs' travel advice in relation to coronavirus

Especially for new foreign employees

Regarding new foreign employees without permanent residence in Denmark, DTU is subject to entry rules for foreign employees, as they appear with the Danish Working Environment Authority. Persons who travel to Denmark from abroad to work at DTU must be tested before and after entry into Denmark (maximum 24 hours before entry and maximum 24 hours after entry). In addition, the incoming employee must have performed a PCR test no earlier than 48 hours and no later than 96 hours after the first test that has ensured entry into Denmark. The employee must also be in isolation for 10 days from entry into Denmark or until a negative PCR test is available. Regardless, DTU must receive documentation for the PCR test. See more here: Employees travelling to Denmark from other countries: PCR test requirements - DTU Inside

Especially for staff and students living in the border country

Reference is made to Foreigners habitually resident in a border region (

Especially for students

It is a requirement for entry as a student that DTU is considered open concerning your studies and that you must receive teaching or attend an examination in person. Contact International student services at if you need documentation that you must participate in teaching or exams with a physical presence.


Please stay up to date with the new regulations: