DTU’s Board of Governors is the highest authority for the University’s activities.
The Board of Governors approves the University’s strategy as well as budget and action plans; enters into Development Contracts with the Minister for Science, Technology and Innovation; appoints the President, and makes decisions on new building projects, etc.
The Board of Governors meets at least four times a year and comprises ten members: six external members, two students, and two staff representatives.
The President provides secretariat services to the Board of Governors.
Members of DTU's Board of Govenors as of January 2017:
- Chairman Per Falholt, MSc Eng, founder of Per Falholt Global R&D Advisory Services and Scientific Consultant for Corbion as well as Novozymes.
Per Falholt is also Chairman of ATV’s Science and Engineering Committee, Deputy Chairman of the Board of Directors of DHI, and a member of the Board of Directors of Cytovac A/S.
- Eva Berneke, CEO, KMD A/S
- Niels B. Christiansen, President & Chief Executive Officer, Danfoss A/S
- Tobias Holck Colding, Professor, MIT, USA
- Anette Frøhling, Executive Secretary (elected by and from among the technical-administrative staff at DTU)
- Susanne Juhl, CEO, HMN Naturgas I/S
- Martin Carsten Nielsen, MSc Eng student
- Anders Henry Nielsen, Senior Researcher/Associate Professor (elected by and from among the academic staff at DTU)
- Niels Mathiesen Skødt, MSc Eng student
- Hanne Søndergaard, Chief Marketing Officer & Executive Vice President, Arla Foods Amba.