Physical aids for students with special needs

If you are assigned one or more physical aids (IT equipment, lamp, reading ruler, etc.) as support, the equipment will be sent to DTU Lyngby Campus, where you will need to collect it. When picking up the equipment, you must sign a receipt—a declaration of loan of technical aids. You must write to us and schedule a time for collection.

However, this does not apply if you have been granted a table and/or a chair. This will be sent directly home to you, and you will subsequently receive a declaration of loan of aids by email, which you must fill in and return to the SPS unit.

If an aid does not work

If an aid is not functioning properly, we can help you find a repairer. If the computer from your IT starter package breaks down, you must contact Atea.

Contact details for Atea

To Atea, you must provide DTU’s address and EAN number:

Anker Engelunds Vej 1
Building 101 A
DK-2800 Kgs. Lyngby
EAN: 5798000430938
ID: SPS Unit

If you have received a software package and have a private computer, you cannot send your private computer to Atea for repair.

If an aid is stolen

If an aid is stolen, you must remember to report the theft to the police and contact the SPS unit at DTU. We will then help you apply for compensation to buy a new one.

When you complete your study programme

If your have borrowed any IT tools, they must be returned if you either interrupt or complete your study programme. You cannot return your support equipment to the SPS unit, but you will receive a letter instructing you how to return it. If you do not receive a letter or are not contacted in any other way, you must contact the SPS unit.