Below you will find a list of application deadlines and a important dates you need to be aware of.
Important dates and deadlines for quota 1 and 2 applicants
15 March at 12 noon
- Applicants with a Danish upper secondary exam/high school exam who wish to apply through quota 2
- Applicants with an international upper secondary exam/high school exam (both EU/EEA and non-EU/EEA)
- Applicants with an IB exam (both quota 1 and 2)
- Applicants (both Danish and international) who wish to apply for an exemption
- Applicants who apply for readmission and have passed less than 60 ECTS credits
- The application fee for non-EU/EEA applicants must be paid no later than this date
5 July at 12 noon
- Only applicants with a Danish qualifying exam who wish to apply through quota 1
- Log onto UnistartDTU to find out if you have been offered admission or not
- Final chance to accept or decline your offer of admission on UnistartDTU.
Important dates in connection with the summer intake
- 1 February: Optagelse.dk opens
On Optagelse.dk it is not possible to state whether or not you are applying through quota 1 or 2. If you only wish to be assessed in quota 1 you can upload a document as an attachment where you write which degree programmes you wish to apply for in quota 1 and which you wish to apply for in quota 2.
- 15 March at noon: Application deadline for quota 2
- 15 March at noon: Application deadline for readmission (if you have passed less than 60 ECTS credits)
- 15 March at noon: Application deadline for exemption
- 1 April: Deadline to upload quota 2 documentation
Your personal statement is not an attachment and therefore must be uploaded no later than 15 March at noon.
- 1 May: Application deadline for readmission and change of study programme (if you have passed 60 ECTS credits or more)
You can find further information regarding the rules for readmission and change of study programme here.
- 5 July at noon: Application deadline for quota 1
- 8 July at noon: Deadline for uploading attachments to your application on Optagelse.dk
This deadline only applies if we have asked you to upload further documentation and allowed you to submit it until 8 July at noon. Otherwise all other documentation must be submitted by our given deadlines.
- 28 July: Offer of admission
Log onto UnistartDTU to find out if you have been admitted or not
- 3 August: Accept or decline offer of admission
Final chance to accept or decline your offer of admission on UnistartDTU.
- 7 August: Deadline for applying for vacant places
If we have vacant places it will be advertised on DTU’s website from 28 July. You have to apply through UnistartDTU if you wish to apply for a vacant place.
- 15 August: Find out if you have been admitted to a vacant place
You find out by logging on to UnistartDTU.
- 15 August: Standby-admission and admission 2024
If you have been offered a standby-admission you have to log onto UnistartDTU to find out if your standby-admission has been converted to a regular admission commencing September 2023. If this is not the case you will receive a confirmation of admission for the summer intake 2024 instead.
- 18 August: Accept or decline standby-admission
If your standby-place has been converted to a regular admission commencing 2023 you have to accept or decline the offer on UnistartDTU no later than this date.
- 18 August: Accept or decline vacant place offer
Applicants who have been offered a vacant place will have to accept or decline the offer via UnistartDTU no later than 18 August.
- 1 September: Deadline for submission of documentation
If you have mentioned on your application that you are going to raise one or two subject level(s) after 5 July, you have to submit documentation that you have passed the exam no later than 1 September by uploading it through UnistartDTU.