You have to apply for admission at optagelse.dk, which opens on 1 February. However, before you do so please make sure that you familiarize yourself with the admission requirements, application deadlines and read through the step-by-step guide below:
- Log on to www.optagelse.dk.
- Fill in one or more applications - you can apply for up to eight degrees in total from all Danish universities.
- Upload and attach the required documentation to each of the degrees you are applying for. If your diploma and transcripts are not in one of the Nordic languages, English, German or French please ensure that your diploma and transcripts have been translated into English by an authorized translator.
- Fill in the statement of hours form. See required documentation for applicants who are exempt from submitting a statement of hours form.
- Sign and approve.
- If you do not have a Danish CPR-number you have to upload a signed signature page as a PDF-file to UnistartDTU. The signature page will pop up as a PDF-file once you have approved your application at www.optagelse.dk.
- You have to upload one signature page per application. So if, for example, you have applied for three programmes at DTU, you will need to upload 3 signature pages, one for each degree programme you have applied for.
- We have to receive the signed signature page no later than 15 March, 12 noon. DTU cannot see your application(s) before we have received your signature page(s).
- If we receive your signature page after 15 March, 12 noon your application will be declined.
- Once we have received and registered your signature page, you can no longer edit your online application.
- However, you can change the priority order of your applications after having submitted the relevant signature pages right up until the deadline of 5 July, 12 noon.
- DTU will send you an e-mail to confirm receipt of your application(s).
- After you have received the confirmation email you can see our registration of your application on UnistartDTU.
You can find further information on how to apply for a higher education programme in Denmark at the Ministry of Higher Education and Sciences website.