From 1 September to 1 November, we offer to pre-assess your international educational qualification(s). You can only apply for a pre-assessment during this period.
From 1 February - 5 July where optagelse.dk is open, the assessment will be carried out as part of your application for admission. That means we will only assess your educational qualifications if you apply for admission to DTU. Remember your application deadline is 15 March at noon, Danish time.
To apply for a pre-assessment, please:
- Fill in the pre-assessment form.
- Fill in the statement of hours form*.
- Include your original upper secondary school/high school diploma and transcript of grades. If you have not graduated yet, please include your transcript of grades for the courses you have already had.
- If your diploma and transcripts are not in English or one of the Scandinavian languages, please ALSO include a version translated into English by an authorized translator.
- If you have undertaken further studies at college/university, please also include transcripts/diplomas from these and ensure they are translated by an authorized translator into English if necessary (see item 4).
- Scan all of the above and create one PDF document, which you upload to UnistartDTU.
* If you have an IB exam, European Baccalaureate, a high school exam from the USA or an upper secondary exam from the Nordic countries, Germany or the British school system, you do not have to fill in the statement of hours form.
If your application contains all of the above and we do not need you to submit further documentation, we aim to have completed your pre-assessment within three weeks.
Payment for Non-EU/EEA applicants
Non-EU/EEA applicants must pay an application fee for assessment of their international education qualifications. Please follow the link to pay the 750 DKK/100 EUR application fee.
You must add the receipt for the payment to your application for pre-assessment. Once we receive the payment, we will assess your international education.
When you apply for DTU General Engineering, please upload the payment receipt and the pre-assessment together with your application to www.optagelse.dk.
Go to the DTU webshop to pay the application fee.