Scientific career structure
Members of staff who are employed in a scientific post at DTU are subject to the regulations for scientific employees at universities.
The following scientific staff positions are described:
- Research Assistant
- PhD Fellow
- Assistant Lecturer
- Part-time Lecturer
- Assistant Professor / Researcher
- Associate Professor / Senior Researcher
- Professor with special Responsibilities (MSO)
- Senior Adviser
- Teaching Assistant Professor/Teaching Associate Professor (DTU Adgangskursus)
- Assistant Lecturer (DTU Diplom)
- Amanuensis (DTU Diplom)
- Part-time Lecturer (DTU Diplom)
- Assistant Professor (DTU Diplom)
- Associate Professor (DTU Diplom)
- Professor (DTU Diplom)
Technical-administrative staff career path
A significant share of DTU’s many different activities are supported, facilitated and carried out by our technical and administrative staff: web designers, business controllers, HR partners, IT support staff, accounts clerks, system programmers, animal keepers, gardeners, ferry captains, laboratory technicians, and historians to name but a few.
We offer a range of excellent career opportunities within various specialist and managerial posts for staff employed in the technical and administrative functions.